Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

The Christmas Trip

As I mentioned in my previous post, I spent the holidays in Fort Lauderdale, FL with my family. It was the first time we've had a full family Christmas in a few years. It was great too because the kids had the opportunity to spend time with their dad as well as his side of the extended family for the holidays.

My parents renewed their vows as well- after nearly 34 years of marriage, in a family ceremony on the beach.

Good Times with Old (and New) Friends

The day after Christmas, as a general rule, my high school alma mater holds their annual alumni Christmas party. It was absolutely wonderful to see so many people that I hadn't seen in such a long time. I always enjoy that party and try to make it whenever possible.

As the week went on, it was fantastic to be able to have the chance to laugh and sing and get to know some people better. It was great to end up in deep conversations with some new friends and openly speak about some of my own dreams and intentions. It was also refreshing to hear that I wasn't alone in a lot of my desires for my life. Surprisingly, I heard similar thought processes from a man.

The week was a lot of fun, spending time with family and friends. I have a new love for the game "Catch Phrase". I forgot how much I really enjoyed being social.

The Drive

The one major part of the trip to Florida, is the drive there- and the drive back. It's about 17 hours. Four kids in the car for 17 hours, as well as sitting and driving that long alone takes a lot out of a girl. It would take a lot out of anyone, I guess. I haven't had to do that kind of driving for a long time. I wanted to be back home for New Year's. So I made it in finally around 5am on New Year's Eve- and definitely needed my rest.

Thoughts for The New Year

Many people make resolutions. Most of those fall flat. I'd like to set goals. My goals are to eat a little healthier in the new year and get back to the healthy me that I have been before. To spend more time enjoying my children while they are young and focus on family time as much as I can. To continue developing this soap and candle business with my mother because it's something I really enjoy making. I'd also like to spend more time with friends who are important in my life. The people who make me a priority, not an option. The people who value me for what I have to offer in this world, who enhance me and encourage me to be the best that I can be.

Change your conversation and change your outcome, right? This year I plan to continue to attract positivity into my life and dispel negativity. I will continue to encourage my spiritual growth, continue to encourage my creative growth and consciously try to keep all options open for the positivity to manifest itself into my life.

The Big 33

I turn 33 in about a month. This year holds special meaning for me, because I see it as a year of "transformation". Just as a caterpillar turns to a butterfly, that's how I view this upcoming year. My season is changing. As someone with Christian beliefs, I also recognize the biblical implications of the number 33. Jesus died on the cross for us when he was 33. He transformed at this age, from walking with us as a man, to fulfilling a prophecy, dying and coming back to life. His resurrection is surely the greatest transformation one could imagine.

So this year, I plan on a physical and spiritual resurrection of sorts. I feel that for me, in the past several years, I have come through many obstacles and I feel that I am ready to do what I can to be a stronger person this year to help others. That will be part of my change. Mostly, I'm open to being surprised to new or unplanned happinesses. I'm looking forward and not looking back. Life is good and this year, I intend on riding that "good" train the entire way through.

I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful 2011 as well.

No comments: