Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm not so tough

Everyone seems to think I'm strong
Because that's what I seem to be
But the truth is on the inside
there's a frightened little me

I spend my days and nights
praying someone will come along
Asked God to help me through
the Darkest moments I ever knew

I'm not that strong
I'm not so tough
Behind my smile
I hide so much
I hurt too, I feel the pain
I cry at night
Tears on my pillowcase
I need you to hold me
Promise me I'll be alright
I'm not that strong

The left side of my bed has never been so appealing
You're laying there, asleep, rhythmically breathing
The warmth of your skin warms my sheets and my heart
If I had it my way, we'd never sleep apart...

Whenever you leave me, your scent lingers behind
In my pillows and blankets, it's comfort I find
Till you're home again and holding me tight
Wrapped up in your love, morning, noon and night

No comments: