Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Fifty Day Challenge

I've had it. It's time to change.

I'm issuing myself a 50 day Challenge. I'm going to actively try to get myself back in shape in the next 50 days. I'm going to work out in SOME fashion each day, resting only on Sundays.

I'll document it here, since I also mentioned working more on writing... and that kind of kills two birds with one stone.

The last time I committed myself to a project like this, was about 5 years ago. I ended up changing my life so dramatically that I was in better shape than I was when I was in high school.

With my separation, divorce, moves, children, job stresses and financial stresses, I have let myself go a bit. I think it was all too much for me to keep up with my exercise routine. But now, things are changing a bit. It's just time for me to be a little more healthy. I know, because of my past experience, that even the little changes can make a big difference.

So, challenge issued. Tomorrow, my happy rear end has a date with Pandora, my new headphones and the treadmill. :) Then I'm going to dig out my Yoga DVDs and get myself on a schedule. It tones and relaxes at the same time...

What's my biggest motivation? The first weekend in March is when I get to see many of my friends in Nashville again for the first time in a long time. I've got a couple pairs of jeans that I'd really love to wear... and some new dresses that I'd like to look my best in.

Vanity? Absolutely. It's one of my easiest forms of motivation. I want to look good this year. Drop, dead gorgeous...I know I'll feel great and look great. I can't wait. :)

The biggest part of any weight loss plan is drinking plenty of water and getting a decent amount of rest. So, on that note, I'm signin' off and heading to bed. :)

No comments: