Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back from the gym

I took it easy today, and only did two miles on the treadmill, followed by a half-hearted attempt at abdominal work. I just didn't want to over-do it and then not want to go back. Next time, three miles. I also promised myself to find the yoga DVD that's packed away in a box and actually stretch it out tonight. I called my girlfriend Rhonda to see if she had anything I could use.

Food-wise, I'm going to cut back on some of my carb intake, and increase my protein and leafy greens. More fresh fruits/veggies, less bread and noodles. Which means, basically, that helushki for me is going to be off limits, unless I primarily eat only the cabbage and skip on the noodle pieces.

I weighed myself too. Gah. Let's just say I have 51 lbs to lose to get to my target weight.

Even though I had guessed about 50 lbs, I was sad to realize that it was quite the reality. Now, for the execution of the plan to drop this dead weight.

All I can think about is how cute I'm going to look rocking out that pair of jeans that I love so much... it's a motivator. I'm contemplating hanging them on the wall behind my bedroom door. I need to find myself a workout buddy too, I'm incredibly self motivated, but I know that on days I'm feeling lazy, depressed or pre-menstrual, I probably won't want to do anything but lay around- and I need a buddy who will deliver a swift kick in the ass on those days.

That's all for now. Time for me to do my daily housework dash, in my sneakers... I think that some of this should count as aerobic exercise.

No comments: