Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hangin' with the Neighbors

I had a great night tonight. Here it is, after midnight, and I'm at home... I just came in off my front porch, sitting and chatting with two of my neighbors.

I had a tray of Jello Shots that I made back on Saturday, and I was getting tired of having them in the fridge, so I let the girls know that I had them and I wanted them GONE, so we made plans to meet back up after we all tucked our kids in.

I've had a tough day, but also a really tough month... and a night at home just chilling out with the neighbors was exactly what the doctor ordered.

My neighbors are cool. We're all around the same age, have a lot in common anyway (kids will do that to you), but tonight was a great bonding kind of night.

As we picked at the tray of Jello Shots, we shared stories of our pasts, talked about our kids and giggled about the silly things we did as kids (and things we hope our kids don't do!).
It was fun girl bonding time... and thankfully, I can say that just in time for trash day, I officially have no more Jello Shots left.
The three of us made short work of the tray, and we just finally capped off the night and I'm heading peacefully to sleep. I feel much better about the crappy day I had and I'm ready to start next two days (the end of the month!) of work feeling renewed.
I have a lot of work ahead of me over the next 48 hours. I can say with full assurance and self confidence: Bring it on.

No comments: