Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Football and Mom's Taxi Service


So my kid is playing football. Well, not yet... but he's practicing.
He's got the gear... and he's so excited about putting it on, knowing HOW to put it on... telling me how he is supposed to put it on and take it off.
I'm excited for F. Really. I am. He's so full of this massive sense of enjoyment, that it's hard to not be totally sucked up in his joy with him.
I'm not going to lie though... these kids practice FOUR days a week!!! Monday through Thursday for TWO hours! Nothin like throwing a big kink in your dinner plans!
Oh well, this is just my first foray into the wide world of kids and extracurricular activities, I guess it's going to get a LOT worse before it gets any better.
I better start making friends with the moms on the team so we can go back and forth on pickups and drop offs. Sigh....
Oh, almost time to go get him from practice. It was only fair to come home and make dinner after dropping him off. The other kids were ready to claw something apart. They were starving! Even J ate macaroni & cheese. The homemade kind, not the box kind. Without a "J face".
The rest of the kids are super excited though, because they are all planning on going to Wildwood, NJ this weekend and seeing their dad and their Uncle M and their cousins... and their grandma. So it will be great for them to go hang out on the boardwalk... and better still for me to have a weekend "off".
I just hope F doesn't have any games this weekend! Just thought about that right now. Eeek.

1 comment:

Query-A-Day said...

It's great to have your kids involved- it will pay off later even though the taxi-ing kind of sucks. You;ll be proud of your football star- plus the team work is great for kids!!