Wednesday, July 16, 2008

AudreyTV

Maybe I'm just odd (Dawe would use this opportunity to say: "ODDrey"), or maybe it's just that I was raised in the entertainment industry and am a performer myself.... but I have moments where I channel that movie EdTV, or maybe even that old Jim Carrey one... was it TRUMAN?



Anyway, I have moments in my life where I seriously start to view things as if I am an actor, rather than a live being... and I guess that's probably why I'm fucked up.



My imagination runs wild, and I can imagine that I'm literally reading a script of my life, or that secretly, someone has a camera hidden. Unfortunately, my life is probably more boring at the moment than anyone would care to see... but I sometimes run narration in my head. I definitely have an overactive imagination.



Maybe it's because I'm not performing much anymore. I think that's a pretty good assessment of why I might do that.



Performers always look for new opportunities to perform. Actors act, Singers, sing... me, I do everything.



There's a strange familiarity in "turning it on" that makes me feel more comfortable. Yes, I'm myself, but I like to imagine myself with paparazzi or a film crew. I channel different characters at times- none of mine have names and I'm not schizo, I have total control over the moods I channel...



To deal with life, I put forth my "Strong, Determined, Unstoppable" Woman mood. It helps me when all the chips are down to remain positive.



When dealing with men, I use one of three:

"Sexy, Seductive, Baaaaad girl" - This one is a hit behind closed doors, but for this mood, I channel my inner Marilyn Monroe or Mae West... maybe a little Jenna Jameson.



"Poor, Helpless, Dumb Blonde" - This one, I pull out the stops for when I don't feel like being Ms. Handywoman and want a guy to help me with whatever it may be. I channel my inner Anna Nicole Smith or Jessica Simpson- depending on the situation.



"One of the boys" - this is really me, but I jack it up a notch when I'm around a group of men.



I guess we all have our quirks, but I just like to imagine an audience... :)

No comments: