Thursday, September 25, 2008

Things Lookin' Up...

I'm always excited when life takes some pretty cool twists and turns. Even though I was worried about the whole lay off and still have some issues to resolve, it seems as though there are some bright spots on the horizon.

I told a friend of mine about the lay off the other day, and positioned it like this:
"So, I was laid off today.
Shocked. Yes.
Fear, a little.
Realizing that there is more to come in my life, and new opportunities? Priceless."

He told me I have a "great fucking attitude". Haha! He's right.

I have potentially two immediate job openings, and that excites me.

In the meantime, I am feeling sick. Everyone was sick at the office and I had managed to avoid it, but now I'm feeling the scratchy throat and feverish, so I am kind of laying around today.

I have an appointment with my attorney later today to go over some paperwork, which is also another good thing.

Overall, I'm enjoying the day and trying to let my throat get some rest. Ouchies. Soreness.

I also am going to point out that it is the first time in over 2 years I have watched an episode of All My Children. It's funny how some things never change... ah, soap operas, you can count on them for cheesy acting and ridiculous plot lines to take your mind off your every day concerns!

No comments: