Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Economy Sucks.

I was laid off yesterday. I was told, in a room full of others also getting laid off at the same time, that the company I work for was unable to make payroll and they were forced to begin layoffs.

I was told that none of us were being terminated, we were simply being laid off, and if the chance arose for things to turn back around, we would be rehired if we were available and were willing. The firings were not performance based, but rather based on the fact that the company is currently dealing with issues related to the crappy economy. **edited for clarity**

Either way, it really sucked.

I think what was more frustrating was my intense desire to try and make things work for such a long time, even though I kind of saw the writing on the wall for the company as a whole, I didn't ever think I would be among the first to be let go.

So, I filed for unemployment last night when I got home... and I will be figuring out what to do with the welfare offices, food stamps, etc. in the interim. After all, I have four kids to feed. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

**Also edited to include: I no longer represent the company I used to work for, and have not named it here. Also, as above, this blog is my opinion based on my life experiences. **

No comments: