Monday, October 27, 2008

I want to cry.

Just got a call that my Public Storage unit was affected by a fire. There is obviously some sort of arson or something because it's the second time in three days that there was a fire at that storage location.

I had ALL my kids pictures/albums/my personal albums from when I was a kid, things my grandparents left me that I couldn't bring with me when I had to come back to PA that meant something to me, my grandma's chair (the one I gave birth to Madelyn leaning on)... my sewing machine/embroidery machine. Three computers that had business information/files/pictures on them. Furniture. Art...

It was a storage unit that I had packed tightly with my stuff that I held dear.

I don't know what the extent of the damage is... and there's no way to get access to the location yet anyway. Not that it would help much, with me being in Pennsylvania. I do want to see just what I could possibly salvage, if anything.

Oh... gosh. :(

What's weirder is that I dreamt of a fire there several times, and that was what was making my mind up to go and get some of the kids stuff out of there at New Years... and to really just get what I could, as well as the computers because they had more pictures.
Obviously, I'm not sure what, if anything survived, but I really hope and pray that I can at least salvage some of it.

I can't believe I dreamt it and then it happened. They had a smaller fire at the office part earlier in the week, which is why when they called, I was like, see... all the more reason for me to go down there and get the special stuff... and I had some fears eased... and then the call today, that they think someone set the fire.

Nashville Fire Department is looking into it... I just wish I could see pictures of the unit building... find out where the fire started, etc... maybe by the Grace of God, my unit wasn't horribly affected??? I can only pray.

We're talking about everything I owned in that storage unit... except for clothes. That's what I came to PA with... so everything that was my life- was in that storage unit.
Sigh....

When will the gut punches end?

No comments: