Monday, October 27, 2008

I am so blessed.

I'm still waiting to hear if there may be the possibility of some things that can be salvaged. I'm praying for it.

In the meantime, one of my friends from Nashville sent me a MySpace email (I hadn't updated my status on MySpace yet to reflect the news), and sent me a new number for him and said to call, and he was praying for me.

I called him back, and he didn't know a thing about the fire, but offered to put together a benefit concert for me to help at least offset the costs of the things that were valuable in there. I mentioned I may be making a trip down soon. I had a wave of emotion come over me, because here in this little town up here, I'm so far away from so many people who care so much for me... my family, my friends... and literally 5 minutes before I sat to check my MySpace, I sent up a prayer, asking God to please not let me handle this alone. To please send help my way and I kept praying I could at least save a couple of things...

In the end... this is how God is answering my prayer. Just the randomness of the email and the phone call that followed saying that I would have full support of not just him, but his friends and any of my friends.... I just can't help but cry and have this wave of thankfulness just bowl me over.

So, thanks, Billy Dawson. This one's for you- your favorite Psalm...

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]
2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."


**my friends who really know me, know that I'm very spiritual - and lately I've been praying to find out where I really belong in this world... to find people I can identify with, love, and eventually settle down in a community.... this is just one very big sign that I'm so loved by my southern friends, and I just can't even begin to explain how significant of a sign this is for me. **

No comments: