Friday, October 10, 2008

All quiet on the mental front...

I know I've been pretty quiet lately, but it has mainly been because I've been busy. Most of my best blogging thoughts come to me while I'm driving, or somewhere without computer access to write it down real quick.



My life has taught me some interesting lessons lately. Some for the better.



Here are the ones that have reappeared:



1. Be the bigger person - Sometimes walking away and having saying nothing is better, even when you have mouthfuls to say if provoked again.



2. Self confidence rocks people's worlds. - Knowing what you want, going after it, not being afraid to ask for what you're worth... all good things.



3. Faith, Faith, Faith. - That old saying, when God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window... it's true. I've been through a lot, but I can say this: what has happened, has been a blessing I wouldn't have known otherwise.



4. It is possible to love yourself more no matter how old you are. - I've spent my life loving others more than myself. Lately, I've made a decent attempt at loving myself more. I have found that in loving myself, even MORE doors have opened. I've also realized that I did have the strength to shut other doors that needed to be shut.



___________________



Interesting commentary from others that I've heard lately, and found applied to my life:



So, what are YOUR intentions in telling me this? - said by a bartender at a local bar I know, after some boy issues disrupted my fun. I responded that I just needed to vent, I was over it and needed another beer. He laughed, and got me another beer.



__________________



Courage is found in odd places. I found mine deep within myself. Somewhere, my self worth found the light again. I found the courage to ask Jon point blank if he ever saw a future with us together... if he was ever going to try, or if he was happy with the status quo.

His response? He likes us being just friends, more than attempting anything further. My response? Sounds good. Just letting you know that being friends does not come with benefits.

He was ok with that but slightly offended that I said it. I explained that I had to draw a line in the sand.



I also had the courage to tell someone new that I have been seeing that I wasn't ok with his current status and I thought we should just cool it for a while. I decided that I didn't want to put up with hanging out with him while he was still accepting texts and calls from his ex... or that our last "date" ended up with me driving him home to meet the ambulance and police at his ex's house. Yeah. Told him it was getting too "Jerry Springer" for my tastes.



--------------------------



Where are all the normal people? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

No comments: