Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank GOD it's FRIDAY!

Less Stress = A Happy Audrey

Ok, so I'm much less stressed than my last post, although I still have a lot of the same issues, except, I don't have to drive 10 hours tonight. That means I now have the whole weekend to tackle the laundry pile, and don't have to drive 20 hours in one weekend. Ah, stress level diminishing, somewhat....



After almost six months working at the company, today I finally got my nameplate. I was so psyched when Caroline dropped it off at my desk. So, I took a picture.

In addition, I made my sales goal at work, and even had a few sales I wasn't expecting. It was a good sales day and I was okay with calling it quits for the day at quarter to six, although I did talk to clients and send out emails once I got home. I will end up seeing what happens by tomorrow morning then probably sending some contracts out this weekend with a deadline of the 31st to see what else I can bring in. That's because I'm driven.

My kids are happy. When they're happy, I'm much happier. I got to make them exceptionally happy when I promised them that if they found my misplaced debit card in the house, we would order from Wing Zone, a local favorite. It was found within minutes, and I made good on my promise. I'm still currently nibbling on celery sticks that came with my own order of boneless wings.

Weekend Extracurriculars

Now that I'm not going anywhere, I will be able to finish the laundry and tackle the regular housework that really, really needs to be done this weekend. But not until tomorrow. I just talked to my friend Cristin, and she's going to drive up tomorrow to come spend the weekend with me, as she has no plans for Labor Day weekend. So I'll have incentive to bust my ass in the house first thing in the morning and polish the bathroom tomorrow.

Yay! I'm excited that she'll get to come and visit.

I was invited to a couple different events this weekend, but I think ultimately, I'll probably use the time to just chill.

I have a date though, well... an informal date. I let this guy Mike know I wasn't going out of town, and he wants to finally meet me. We're going to a place I feel safe, especially knowing that some friends of mine will DEFINITELY be there. See, I met this guy online. I've talked to him extensively, but I haven't ever met him. His sister lives not far from here, so he's going up to stay with her for the night and then will meet me at the bar. It will be interesting.

I'm trying to get my neighbors to come hang out with me.

Overall...

I'm just thankful for my health. I bitch on occasion about being stressed, being lonely, etc... but the reality is I'm really grateful that I'm healthy. Overall, I am healthy, I've got great kids who are also healthy... and I've got a great job. At the end of the day, I really don't have much to bitch about.

So... With that said... bring on Friday!

No comments: