Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A fitting daily horoscope.

I have felt absolutely sick this week. Lethargic, achy, sore, run down in general... but I have yet to take a day for myself. I can't.
I remember my mom used to call them TLC days when we just needed a little extra TLC for ourselves, we could take a day off and recharge our batteries.
At home, I have laundry to do, a kitchen to finish cleaning, vacuuming... and then I have to reclaim the basement, and pick up all the beads that K and M dumped out of their heart shaped jewelry case. About a thousand, I'm sure.

Of course, I also have to make dinner, take F to Football, pick F up from Football, and feed the kids. I also have to make sure that at least two of them get their showers tonight (they skipped out on them yesterday).

I'm worn out- physically, mentally, emotionally. I have barely slept, because I've been so frustrated over the fact that the money I thought I was going to be making hasn't been a reality for the past couple months. The economy sucks. Gas is expensive. I don't have time for anything, it seems. I'm just going to bed and waking up tired... I'm sleeping, but I'm tossing and turning.

Last night I had a weird dream, one of those vivid in color dreams. The ones where you remember details when you wake up. I always pay attention to these kind of dreams as the universe trying to tell me something. In the dream, a jealous woman pulled a gun on me. I take this to mean that I should be cautious in all my activities and figure someone out there is probably looking for an opportunity to stab me in the back/threaten me. Dreams like that (for me) are usually not far off in forewarning of the events about to unfold.

So my horoscope today, from DailyOm, was fitting.


August 13, 2008
Self-Care Comes First
Aquarius Daily Horoscope

You may feel listless, which could be due to a lack of energy and motivation today. This lethargy could be the result of your either having overexerted yourself or not taking care of your own needs. Perhaps this would be a good time to make this a day just for you, listening to the calling of your innermost desires, wants, and hopes. Turning off the phone and unplugging from the world, you might try to do things that are healing and reenergizing—meditating, doing yoga, taking a soothing bath, or engaging in a hobby or activity that interests you. Try not to let the needs of others distract you for today is your day. Doing something just for yourself could make you feel a greater sense of well-being and increase the amount of energy you have.

When we take care of our own selves we put our energy into the most important aspect of our lives. While it might seem noble to do things for others, unless we are consciously attending to our needs, we will expend more energy than we have. Although the energy of the universe is unlimited, it is only accessible when we find a means to positively tap into it, and caring for ourselves lovingly and compassionately is the best way to do this. Taking the time to rest and care for yourself today will infuse your life with a greater amount of positive energy, which will make you more motivated and productive in the long run.

***********
So maybe the secret here is to pay attention. My to-do list isn't going anywhere. My life isn't going to get *less* stressful - unless by some miracle I win the lottery. I really want to sell some of my artwork again, but of course, to do that, I'd have to actually paint some more.

That might be a solution to de-stressing. Hm. A bottle of wine and my paintbrush. Something to consider for a late night pamper-fest.


No comments: