Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Year, New Take...Busy January

So, I haven't posted a blog in a while, and part of that has been that I didn't know what I wanted to share with the world vs. what I wanted to keep to myself.

I've always been a really open book with where I am in my life, and I don't regret that, but at the same time, I know that putting information out there that's intensely personal can come back to bite one in the ass. I also know from my Google Analytics, that there are some people reading my blog almost religiously checking for new content... and I haven't provided it.

Well, a blog is basically a journal, or diary... and like songwriting, when you actually know it's being read/heard, and you are seeing your diary pages open for everyone... sometimes you just take a step back and rethink how much of your life you want to share. Once the words are out, they're out.

I've had an interesting January, and I realize I didn't post at all during that month, but it was a good thing for me to lay low for the first month of the year and re-prioritize my life. I have begun singing again out on a regular basis, Tuesday nights... and I've spent a lot of time with my guitar, learning more chords, songwriting a lot. I've been spending time with friends up here and the kids... and just hunkering down and hibernating during the cold, cold month.

I did some home improvements- basically painting for now... I'm on hold until I see our handyman around- because I have to wait for him to finish what he's doing before I can paint and decorate further.

I've been painting as well, and will be unveiling a new series of art, titled "What is Love". It's a series of four paintings, one of which is going to be donated as a silent auction piece for the Sweethearts Gala in Nashville, TN.

It's a great event that my friend Brent Young helps organize, and it's all for Nashville State Community College and providing scholarships. Can't beat supporting education! If you're in Nashville, please try to attend!

Also, one of my favorite country artists and his beautiful wife are the "Celebrity Sweethearts" - James and Amy Otto. They are really beautiful people, inside and out! Join them at the Hilton Hotel, Nashville on February 13, 2009. More information in the links above.

So that's what I've been up to in this past month. My birthday is coming up, next week and I am really excited to celebrate my 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday. So, that's my January in a pretty short post.

More creativity, more singing, more writing, more painting, more down time well spent with the kids... and some very special friends. Oh, and I'm working on re-opening my soaping business too... by spring. What can I say, 2009 is going to be a great year!

No comments: