Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm going to have to think about it.

A friend canceled on me for an expensive dinner I was looking forward to last night. With zero explanation. Via text message.

Really? I'm sorry, but it's not a date, nothing romantic, and it's been planned for weeks. AND - there was no obligation to this person to pay a cent. I just wanted someone to sit across from me and enjoy the really good food and conversation- because I didn't want to go to dinner there to sit by myself.

In addition, our friendship is such that I do a lot of things for this person. Just because it makes me happy to do them. This is the first time I've asked this person to do something where they weren't getting paid to be there- and I'm not going to lie. I'm a little pissed.

Now, I'll give this person the benefit of the doubt. My phone died last night, so possibly there was a text message that I didn't get... but every other one came through this morning... so.. we'll see. I'm going to have to think about this.

Anyone else wanna dress up and go out on the town? I'm hell bent and determined to recover this bullshit of a planned night out.

No comments: