Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

I'd really like to take the time to thank all Veterans - past and present - for their service.

Today, at the kids' school, they had their Grandparents day and they showed a video about veterans. It was only a three minute video, but it was so moving- it had me wiping away tears. Just that kind of heart felt, thank you, pull yourself away from your iPod, DS, laptop, conversations or any other distraction... sit and watch, listen, and see/realize what the word VETERAN means.

Sacrifice for one's country... and for those I know personally who have served, the willingness to do it all over again- because it meant they were protecting their rights and the rights of all citizens here.

My grandparents both served in the Navy during WWII. My grandfather also served in Korea. My grandmother was a part of the WAVES. I have within me, a deep appreciation for those who devoted their time and their lives for this country. Today's the day the whole country pays tribute, but every day is truly one of appreciation.

Again, thank you to all who have served, all who are serving, and all who plan on serving our country in the future.

No comments: