Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve...

ALREADY???
I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already. I mean, the month FLEW by. It's been a busy month, but also a financially stressful month.

My parents have been so helpful, and I have maintained a very, very tight budget. I'm waiting to get my unemployment check still, I finally qualify, but there's some sort of holdup while they get information from TN. It's so frustrating to be pinching pennies in a very literal sense.

I've been blessed though, I don't want to complain. I've had a lot of good things happen and the bad things, well... it's all just temporary. I have interviewed with local companies, and although no one is hiring until next year, it's alright, I am enjoying this time with the kids and trying to enjoy the holidays as much as possible.

Despite the tight budget, God has provided. There's no other way to explain it. Just when I started worrying about the fridge stock getting low, my mom called to send us a Ham and a Turkey for the holidays. In addition to that, I have been baking and sharing cookies and food with friends who need/enjoy it, and Jim came by on Sunday for the football game, and went to the store and restocked my eggs, bread, milk, cheese and hot dogs/buns for a few days. He even brought over venison steaks and a venison roast. I hadn't ever had venison before, but after we cooked it, it was simply wonderful!

When things were getting thin again, despite my baking and freezing, I talked with F, and he sent a little of next month's child support to get us through the last week. I went food shopping and stocked the fridge and freezer again. They were running a special at ALDI on Hamburger Buns and Hot Dog Buns for 25cents a bag, so I bought a bunch of both, for a total of maybe $2.50 and then put them in the freezer.

My cell phone is currently out of service, but that's because I wanted to make sure the kids had a seemingly normal Christmas, despite my lack of a job. I bought things smart, and doled out items on their Santa lists to aunts and uncles... I think they'll have a great day tomorrow morning and I can't wait to see their faces. This is the last year I'll have everyone believing in Santa so I really wanted to kind of just make it magical.

I should have it back in service next week. A week without a cell phone is worth it to me.

Our Busy Calendar
The kids have been SO excited. I've written this week's events on our dry erase calendar in the kitchen, and there were two other events beyond Christmas they've been counting down.
My sister, Monica came into town, so she's spending Christmas with us and the kids are so thrilled to see her (as am I). She lives in Las Vegas, so we don't get to see her often. I'm so glad that I'll have a member of my immediate family to celebrate Christmas with.

Then we've also got a countdown for the kids' Dad's arrival. He'll be getting into town on Sunday, and the kids will spend a week at the Days Inn with him, going swimming in the pool, bowling, out to eat, etc. I will have the week *off*. I'll spend it straightening up and cooking, probably. But I'll enjoy going out on occasion with some friends and spending New Years out and about (I say that now, but it might be that I spend it on the couch again).

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
I can't wait till later tonight! :)

No comments: