Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Painting More...

Finally!

One of the things that I've been doing over the past couple weeks since getting back has been painting. I'm not sure if it was the complete spiritual renewal while I was there, or if it was a little because I finally felt that it was time... but I went GUNG HO on the painting. I actually plan on painting again today.

While I was in Nashville, with my car all loaded up, I ran into my friend Danny, whose girlfriend Renee has a salon/spa on 16th St (right on Music Row). I gave Renee one of my pieces of art when she was just opening up the salon, for her area. It matched the color schemes perfectly. Well, once she saw that, Danny and her wanted to see what other paintings I had, because they wanted to put more of my artwork in the salon.

Well, when I met up with him, and explained that by the Grace of God, most of my things were salvageable - especially the things that meant the most- he asked if I was able to salvage any paintings. I opened my trunk and showed him that I had most of them.

He offered to buy several, smoke smelling paintings right from my car, and explained that if I could wait a few weeks for payment, he would take all of them, as they were expanding the salon and would need some more art for the walls.

So, when I arrived home, I had almost no paintings left... just the few that I kept because they were so important to me...

It was time, I knew, to quit talkin' about painting, and actually PAINT.

Here are some pictures that I hope you'll enjoy- the whole process of the paintin'... and finished projects. I already have an offer from a myspace friend to purchase at least one of them.

Me and my paintin.


24 x 24 - Unnamed as of yet. 11/8/2008 Audrey Korshoff "These Arms of Mine". Also 24" x 24" on wood with a wooden frame, painted black.

**I painted this one, with the intention of it being a gift. He is a new country artist, but longtime songwriter and a friend of mine. He's got a real "soulful" background, and one of his favorite artists is Otis Redding... so... I put on that song... "These Arms of Mine", hit repeat... and found myself with that painting when I was done. Once I was done, I stood back, and it's truly one of my favorites that I've done. It's reminiscent to me, colorwise, of Starry Night.... though I never had any intention of that in there.

I knew I wanted lots of blues, because... well, Otis sings the blues... as does he... And it's more like an open arm hug there, in the light yellow... Flowers need the open arms of the sun, the warmth and all that.... anyway, that's where I got that one. When I paint, I kind of just do it, and it's meditative... that whole image just showed up when I was done. I was hoping to see my friend this weekend, but my budget and his schedule aren't working in our favor. So it will have to wait till I see him after Christmas. Guess he's getting it as a late Christmas gift.


finally finished... Im working on the name. I think this one, I'm gonna call "Love Song". It's 24" x 24" and on wood with a gallery wood frame, painted black. If you're interested in this email me/IM me. It's available for sale.


I will have to build on this feeling.... A very HAPPY me. Wow that was freeing!


36 x 48 - Healing All Wounds - Audrey Korshoff This one is 36" x 48"... on gallery wrapped canvas. It is also available for sale. "Healing All Wounds"

I'm so happy that I started again... it's something that is so fulfilling for me. I enjoy it so much!

What do you see in the paintings? I talked with my mom, and she sees some interesting stuff. I always like to see what people find within my artwork! Leave comments and let me know. :)

No comments: